Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Bad Carma


For those hard core Unpretty readers, you know that I moved within city borders earlier this year. In an effort to beef up my criminal record, I decided not to tell my insurance company that I was moving so I could keep some of my pathetic paycheck. "What could possibly go wrong?" I thought. Well, since I moved in July, I have had three car "incidents."

First, someone hit my car while it was parked right in front of my house and caused $3,000 worth of damage. Because this is the first time I have ever not been at fault for a car accident, I was very confused when I spoke to my insurance agent. Why do I have to pay $500 when I didn't do anything wrong? After about 15 minutes of explaining Deductibles 101 to me, I finally conceded and agreed to pay (as if I had a choice). My car was in the shop for two weeks.

Three days after I got it back, someone stole my driver's side mirror. No, they didn't smash it with their car. They literally removed it with a screwdriver (I assume) to sell it illegally. Who the hell does that? What kind of people am I living around?

Most recent on the hit list occurred about a week and a half ago. Someone scraped the side of my car. My theory is that this idiot was attempting a three-point turn and misjudged. Of course, like the previous two, no note. I decided not to play the deductible game with this one, so the scratches and dents are now a part of Blue's character. (Blue is my car, and yes I named him before Old School came out).

I parked my car one week ago and have not needed it since. I am nervous to go grocery shopping and find only its frame left in the spot.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

with your car and wallet your having a lot of bad luck these days

miz cynical said...

People can be real a--holes.