Wednesday, May 03, 2006

23 is So Unpretty

I am sorry that it has taken me so long to publish this, but it is not a subject that I enjoy talking about. I know everyone has to go through it at some point, but it is just one of those things that you never actually think will happen to you. This past weekend, I turned 23. I know I know. Some do not view it as the end of the world. But, I feel lost. I have effortlessly mastered every other stage in my life - infacy, childhood, adolescence, and college student (ok, that's not a real stage, but I am petitioning the American Psychological Association). This has been a rough one though. I'm not a girl, not yet a woman. Ok sorry for that, but I'm serious. I think a lot of things that I do in my life will now be viewed as inappropriate because I am 23. Also, what am I doing with my life!?!?!?! So far, here's what I have going: after four years of virtual independence, I have moved back in with my parents; I have practically no money; my friends refuse to move out because my town breeds wastes and West Chester low-lifes...Oh yeah, and I have skin cancer. So, while pondering all of this on Sunday after the three-day celebration had come to a close, I decided that there is only one real solution to my problem. Moving to Hawaii.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How the hell does one "master" infancy?

Beanorama said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Smedelicious said...

23 is so young I'm going to VOMIT