Thursday, May 25, 2006

I Love the 90s


Every so often, I find myself laughing hysterically at the deadpan commentary of the personalities on "I Love the 90s." And then I realize that the 90s were kinda, sorta, awhile ago and I feel old. But that's neither here nor there.....

Someone this morning sang me a few riffs of Anita Howard's "Freak Like Me," and I responded with, "That was on one of my MTV Party to Go" CDs. Second only to the wonder that was "Jock Jams," we laughed about the whole idea of a "Party to Go" CD. Forced to have a birthday party in your parents basement? No problem! Just put on a little Rob Base and you will be a-ok.

I remember so vividly opening up that CD one Christmas morning and being completely psyched. Yes, I said psyched. It may have come on the same Christmas morning as "In Utero."

If I could find my combat boots and body-suit, I would be totally money.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

and make sure you pair your body suit and combat boots with a pair of jean shorts, a scrunchie and necklace with your name on it in cursive!

Beanorama said...

damn gina. my number one outfit at st edmunds dances was: red jean shorts, red and white striped bodysuit with a sports bra, chinese shoes. then, i discovered hormones and kurt cobain, got red and black combat boots and flannel shirts and did some headbanging. then went home to my pink bedroom, curled up with my security blanket, and slept sweet, sweet seventh grader dreams.

MJL said...

An album was released with Kris Kross AND La Bouche on it?! That shit must've gone quintuple-platinum!