Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Save me from my bitterness, please.


i know several good men. one has stars on his arms. one hates yankee traffic. one aspires to do a "senior idol" and saves lives each day. one rocks a football field, loves poker and calls doors "whores." i know two good men who are handy with a hammer. nothing brings me greater comfort than knowing my dear family and friends are involved with these good, solid men.

but something else is bothering me lately... i continually hear of husbands, boyfriends, and especially fiancees who are cheating on their women. from inappropriate text messaging to bare ring fingers in a bar to an extra-inappropriate romp in the bed...men are cheating all over the place! i can count 8 cheaters that i've recently heard about off the top of my head. all men, too, coincidentally or not.

so riddle me this: please, please convince me that cheating is not as rampant as it appears. give me your honest men, your loyal men. convince me not to be a bitter old woman at 25. because cheating is the worst form of unpretty behavior.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh boy, do I agree!! The most unpretty bevahior of ALL TIME... the thing is, I'm not sure that a non-cheating man exists. I think they all have the potential to be dirty rotten bastards. The trick is to look for one that's decent, honest, fair, loyal, dependable, and trustworthy in other aspects of their lives and hope for the best. That's my plan anyway.

Jody said...

Yep. It's possible. 'course I met my faithful husband at church. But i've heard of churchy types who cheat, too. Cheating churchy types. If he is faithful in the little things it's a sign of character, but if he always seems to want to gain for himself in questionable ways- well, it could be indicative of unfaithful tendencies.

Anonymous said...

the one rocks a football field, loves poker and calls doors "whores" in a fit of anger while painting is a good man...I'll admit. there are good ones out there...and most often, the dorks that remind you of your dad are the best.

MJL said...

Thank you, ERK. As a very monogamous man, I take offense to a comment such as "I'm not sure that a non-cheating man exists."

Oh, they exist alright. And cheating women also exist.

Sure, males may historically be the ones who commit adultery more often, but I'm sure there are plenty of females out there who aren't exactly innocent...

Beanorama said...

oh i believe it MWP. i do. and i am glad to hear that you are a man of monogamy. it makes me feel good in my soul. you loweys are so great!