Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Book club virgin, no more.


being in my mid-twenties, i thought it was high time to hit up craigslist for a little book club action. where better to meet a bunch of word-loving nerds like myself? i thought it was going to be basically an hour-long gossip session punctuated by the word "protagonist" and "plot," but much to my surprise it was actually an hour long book discussion punctuated by words like "fiancee" and "george clooney." (clearly we were all mid-twenties, huh?) i was also relieved to discover that like me, every book clubber but one did not like the book (at weddings and wakes by alice mcdonald) so we got a chance to do some book-bitching as well. always good fun for book nerds like myself. anyway... the point here is: if you have a few hours on a sunday, contact your inner bookworm and join a book club. and, give me a suggestion for the next book!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i want to join beanorama. tell me more!

Smedelicious said...

I want to join too