Monday, May 15, 2006

Are Chicken Pox Next?


I don't know what it is, but my immune system is simply not the disease-fighting powerhouse it once was. Walking outside with wet hair? Never a problem! Sharing a drink with someone that has a sinus infection? Bring it on! I used to laugh in the face of sneezes, sniffles, and the rumored flu bug.

But not anymore.

As I began the next quarter of my life, I started to get sick like a mofo. This year alone, I had two sinus infections, the flu (horrid), and a boatload of colds. And today...the most embarrassing of them all.....conjuctivitis. That's right my friends, pink eye. Am I seven?

I could feel it coming on Saturday morning, but I insisted that the eye itch was the result of ignoring a much needed face wash when I passed out Friday night. So I tried the old "pull your eye lid over your eye and rub" trick. No dice. Flushed it with water (i.e. shot glass of Wilmo's finest over my eye). Nada. Visine? SURE! Ben Stein wouldn't let me down. He most certainly did. At my wit's end, I did what any desperate woman would do. I went to see my doctor.

And she hates me. She does not think I am funny AT ALL (sin of all sins!) and her nurse was lame. The nurse was mid-twenties and when I remarked that I wanted to rip my eyeballs out, she chirped, "Don't do that! Only Spongebob can do that!" Wha? Anyway, the McDoctor got me in and out, no smile, certainly no lollipop and threw me a prescription. I took it to my nearest Happy Harry's and they sent me home with cough medicine. No joke. The wrong one. I marched right back in there, stated my correct name and merely because I was p.o.ed at the entire medical industry added, "You really need to check your prescriptions. You could've had a lawsuit on your hands."

Being a b*tch? So unpretty. But my eyes hurt. If my Dad was around, he would ask if my face hurt......drumroll, please......because it's KILLING HIM!

3 comments:

Smedelicious said...

LOVE the lawsuit comment, and I've heard of other pharm's giving the wrong prescriptions out...What are they doing? You should sue them just for being stupid. I bet a jury would give you a lot of money...No sarcasm, seriously. I would.

Anonymous said...

i think we should put a couple of people on trial as a result of this posting...namely, Ben Stein, Spongebob and ALG's dad (because thats the most annoying joke told by every father).

The verdicts? GUILTY!!!
The sentence? LIFE!!!

Beanorama said...

my mom told that joke too. but she is so sweet.