Friday, May 12, 2006

Happy Mother's Day Yo!


that one day of year when we observe the sixth commandment (or is it the seventh...or is it the fourth...never mind) "HONOR THY MOTHER" is almost upon us; thats right, this Sunday is Mother's Day. so, if you haven't already done so, you better make your plans now on how you will show mommy dearest how much you care.

my suggestions:
1. take mom to brunch at a place you know she's never been-don't pick any place that has drag queens or sushi unless you are sure your mom can handle both.
2. take mom to a sunday matinee of a romantic comedy or feel good flick-and don't be cheap and try to run past the concession stand...i think you spare an extra $5 for a popcorn...after all she did give you food, clothing and shelter for 18 years.
3. buy her something that you know she would NEVER buy herself-not because its perverted like a sex toy or dangerous like a knife, but something that you know she wants but would never spend the money on.
4. make her a card-its corny, but moms eat that shit with a spoon!
5. try and wear matching outfits-this might throw mom into a coma induced by pure joy, but know that she will die the happiest woman on earth-everyone knows that all moms want is to feel like you look up to them and imitation is the best form of flattery!

good luck bitches and dogs-don't let mom down. if you do, your children will be ten times more disappointing...what? its a known fact. thats what my mother told me.

3 comments:

Beanorama said...

i got my mom a flying noodle dinner delivered once a month the next 3 months... and she googled it to find out what it cost! not because she wanted to make sure i spent a lot, but because she wanted to make sure i didn't. weird.

Anonymous said...

My mom called me last week to tell me what she wanted. Nevermind that I already had a gift in mind... She had other plans. So, she got what she asked for and she's very happy. Now it's my turn to tell her what to send me for my birthday. Nope, I'm not kidding. She even tells me what to get for my sister when her b-day rolls around.

Anonymous said...

beanorama: i can't believe your mom knows:

a) knows what a computer is
b) knows what google is
c) knows how to google

my mother still thinks the computer is a fancy television.