Wednesday, May 24, 2006

The beach! The beach! I'm going to the beach!


out of the dark, cold, unforgiving east coast winter...comes the promise of the beach, the glorious beach! nothing makes me happier than the smell of copportone, g&t's on the back porch in the sunset, jean skirts on sunburn, bud light cans at the cork, outdoor showers, big fat bike wheels on pavement, ogling 19-year-old lifeguards, corn on the cob and hamburgers, tan lines, naps on the beach, smooches with randoms in dewey who turn out to be that 19-year-old lifeguard who saw earlier in the day (who lies about his age), white chocolate mousse tcby in "town," the fake hippy stores, the sound of cars on driveways paved in stones, fantastically messy bookstores, and sand, sand, sand...

i can't wait for this weekend! living in middle america must be so unpretty in the summer.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shhhhh....I started packing last night. As you know, I have been looking forward to this summer since September 2005. "Everything is better in the summer," I exclaimed. And now, it's here. Celebrate good times, come on!

Anonymous said...

i'm jealous, the beach is heaven and everything you said in your post is exactly what i love about summer; but you forgot one thing that makes summer great: its perfectly acceptable to eat ice cream 2-4 times a week!

Jody said...

I guess I'm pretty spoiled. I love the beach as much as anyone, but we (here in my office) complain when the weather isn't beach-worthy in March or April. I going to the beach after work on FRIDAY!!! And a road trip to Middle America next weekend! PSYCHED>>>>