Monday, May 08, 2006

This would not go over well on Sex and the City.


i was in my best friend's room the other day as she was mid-sheets-change. on her exposed mattress was the simmons beautyrest logo, with the tagline "better sleep for the two of you." hello? she had noticed it before too, and we were both incredulous. i mean, that tagline cuts out the entire single population. it's outdated! should single people only sleep in twin beds? do single people not deserve better sleep?

and what about the menage a trois? do they not deserve a better night's sleep after all that activity? stupid tagline. how unpretty!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

think of all the possibilities to expand their branding:
Beautyrest: You look like you need it.

or

for the reference menage a trois...
Beautyrest: Because three is better than two!

Anonymous said...

It's crap. Now my f-ing mattress is wagging it's finger at my singledom. "When you're here, I sleep lengthwise and when you're not here, I sleep diagonal in my bed..."

I'm a hippie.

Anonymous said...

I just used "it's" instead of "its." IDIOT.

Anonymous said...

maybe they are referring to the single woman and her cat?