Tuesday, May 23, 2006

It's a little e-gift to myself.


as my cell phone bill will attest, i abuse 411. because of the yahoo yellow pages, no one keeps actual hard copy yellow pages around... and since i am living in the dark ages with no internet connection* i rely on the ol' phone information.

well, the past few months i have been turning a blind ear to a most amazing gift of audio technology. i have repeatedly ignored the robotic lady (julie from amtrak's cousin) who says she can send a text message of the number i am seeking to my phone. and get this: as she says, "standard messaging rates apply." well, dogg, i have a shizah-load of text messages in my plan, so doi! why wouldn't i have them text me? now my phone is becoming my yellow pages, thanks to the beauty of the text.

please, kids, please don't ignore this sweet little technology gift. embrace it. you'll love it, i promise.

*...and if i have no internet connection, how am i writing this post, hmmm?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

maybe you wrote this post while over a friend (whom you admire, love and cherish) and that friend has wireless internet...
or you were in an internet cafe.
either or are believable.

Anonymous said...

it helps that daddy pays your cell phone bill

Beanorama said...

you dirty dog!! your husband pays yours...

Anonymous said...

no...i make a paycheck that contributes to that....