Friday, May 26, 2006

I Don't Wanna Work....

...and I don't necessarily want to bang on the drum all day, either, but I am bored. No one is at work. My friends are already at the beach, making memories and saying funny things without me. It stinks.

I am forced to DO STUFF and not reply to the stream of emails that distracts me from intranet metrics, Powerpoint revisions, and returning voicemails. I hate when I achieve things in the workplace. Well, that's not true, either, because I am a work brown-noser like no other.

(I did manage to hit up the mall at lunch and buy a celebratory party shirt for this weekend.)

4 comments:

MJL said...

I'm stuck at work, too. It blows, but I'm just going down the street to catch some beers later, so it could be much worse...

...like leaving only to sit in Bay Bridge traffic for 4 hours. Eff that.

NotoriousALG said...

Do you remember the one Full House episode where Michelle was singing, "This is no fun, no fun, looking at a wall"?

That's how I feel.

Jody said...

my office gets out 3 hours early on Fridays all summer long, but you would think by the way no one is working right now that our boss is a slavedriver! I am looking at one girl right now, who hasn't sat at her desk for more than 5 minutes at a time because she keeps getting up to pester and distract everybody else who is trying to get at least one thing done today. Now she's leaning on a door jamb, just...chatting away. Oh! She just checked her watch! Yep. we leave in 7 minutes, and she just can't handle it.

Anonymous said...

hysterical, and i by hysterical i mean this post and the comments!