Friday, May 12, 2006

Well, I Hope She's Cute Then.


Apparently. my workplace did not get the memo that the work to time ratio on a Friday should be approaching zilch. To further procrastinate and avoid the rapidly approaching deadline "close of business," entails, I decided to walk over to my ultimate favorite lunch spot and spend ten bones on a salad. I know this is not a shock for those working in metro areas, but I work in Dela-where.

Anyway, this is a place I frequent (they know my order) and I have exchanged pleasantries with half of the servers, including the owner. Today, I walked in and the owner says to three of the other gals, "You know she's Kimmie's sister." They all glance at me and smile. I say, "Who?" and another answers, "Kimmie. You're Kimmie's sister!" and I shake my head and say, "No, I'm not." They all stared at me, incredulous.

I paid for my grub and as I was leaving, one of the airheads asked, "How is Kimmie?" and I retorted, "I don't know who she is!!"

Idiot.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

bizarre...
even weirder that you just assumed they met kimmie gibbler. what if they meant lil' kim.

Anonymous said...

ALG, how do you know they didn't mean Kim Zmeskal (the gymnast)?