Thursday, May 18, 2006

Weather.com Addict


Lately, I have been worried about my dependency on certain things and their effect on my quality of life. I am not talking about my love of alcohol, my need for nicotine or my unhealthy obsession with "Real Housewives of Orange County." Only recently have I realized that I need weather.com to get through my day. I practically stalk Mother Nature. Once is just not enough. I estimate that I check the Web page about four or five times throughout the course of the day. Why not just have it posted at the bottom of my screeen, you may ask? I have come to enjoy the ritual of checking. Waiting for the Internet to open on my screen; quickly typing the address (yes, I have to type the whole address instead of just clicking it when it pops up); waiting again; typing the zip code of my choice; and then looking at the hour-by-hour, the 10-day and the month. On my house computer, the weather is at the bottom of the screen, but I don't even look at it. I still click on the internet icon and go through my routine. I also check multiple zip codes, even if they do not apply to me. Work zip, home zip, seashore zip and former college zip. If my workplace ever blocked weather.com, I would probably have to find another job.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yep, i don't think there is anything weirder than you.

Anonymous said...

Weird-O

Smedelicious said...

It's called OCD