Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Adventures in High-Rise Apartment Living, Part III: Moving Out


Well, as some of you may know, the hubby and I recently purchased a house. A few weeks ago, when asked what I wanted for my birthday, I jokingly replied that I wanted a house. It looks as though that dream has come true for better or worse. Pretty soon, I will be dragged off kicking & screaming to the 'burbs (it's about 15 minutes outside of the city) and spending my weekends at Home Depot after living in our concrete paradise for the past 2 1/2 years. For the few remaining months, I'm going to have to live my cosmopolitan city lifestyle to the hilt!

However, fear not - I will continue to post about the daily, sometimes funny, scenarios & people that I encounter. There are many more stories involving such characters as My Quiet Chain-Smoking Drunk Next Door Neighbor, The Cambodian Who Lets Her Kids Play in The Hallway, The Ambiguously Gay Security Guard, Crazy Cat Lady, The Brochure Says 24 hour Security, But They're Only Awake for 8 Hours Security Team, The Cat that lives in My Garage, What To Do When You Live in Center City, Work in Center City, the Shuttle Bus Breaks Down & You are Within Walking Distance of Your Job, When PDA turns into Dry Humping on the Shuttle, Resident Vigilante Justice, The World's Friendliest Custodian and numerous others.

Also, I'm sure that while I'm in the process of moving & once I have moved, I'll have plenty of Tales from the Suburbs to write about. I already have a Moving Tips series that I'm thinking about.

Moving Tip #1 - when moving out of your house, prior to putting it on the market, make sure that you double check everything & that your entire house is clean. That includes making sure that there's not a feminine product laying on the kitchen floor.

Moving Tip #2 - when you encounter a nosey ass neighbor while you're doing your home inspection, don't brush him off, he may be trying to tell you that your soon-to-be purchased dream house is built on an old Native American burial ground/possessed by poltergeists or anything else that may resemble something from the Amityville Horror movie.

Sigh...

Being an adult.....is So Unpretty

3 comments:

Beanorama said...

Congrats! Is that the suburbian home? It's beautiful. You are so much more mature than I am. A husband AND a house? Wowsers!

Anonymous said...

you bought a house? you have a husband? you work in my office? i know so little about you.

miz cynical said...

Beanorama - no, unfortunately, that's not my house. I guess I should put up a real pic :). I'm more mature than you? You can write thank you note circles around me. That'll come in handy, soon.....