Friday, January 05, 2007

Stop. Think about a better slogan.


Maybe because I used to work in advertising, or now work in a words-related marketing jawn, or maybe just because I am a human with a brain and a bucket-o-opinions, but sometimes commercials really irk me.

The latest one to get me hot under the collar is the new Tylenol slogan: "Stop. Think."

Okay, enough with the drama. Taking Tylenol is not that big of a decision that you have to stop--and then think-- before popping one or three. What are they asking us to think about? "Hmm... do I really need a Tylenol, or would a glass of water and a nap do me one better?"

"Stop. Think." is more appropriate for an anti-gambling campaign, or anger management classes or something like that. It doesn't make sense for Tylenol. It's so unpretty.

PS: I'm pretty sure this is a fake ad to the right. But it's funny.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

before i actually read your post i read the ad next to it and thought it was funny and interesting until i read the slogan. gag me with a spoon.

Flip Flop Girl said...

I just saw jmoney's face. Gag me with a spoon.

Anonymous said...

i could say something mean but i wont. plus i hear that all the time about my face.