Thursday, January 25, 2007

Walt Disney is a Jerk.


Yesterday, I was waiting in a video editing suite while a kind young man made copies of a tape for me. I noticed that the waiting area was decorated with various movie posters, including vintage ones from Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, and Snow White. Every single poster ended with, "and the prince found her....and they lived happily ever after." My favorite though, was Cinderella: "The prince found her, married her, and she lived happily ever after."

I loved these movies as much as the next little girl, but I think in my high-heeled, full-suited, low-caffeine, no-food, angry, over-worked haze, I was enraged. Beanorama reminded me that these movies have been re-written and Mulan is a crazy, powerful gal, but I was annoyed. So many of the Disney classics are not nice to working women.

"And then, the princess found her boyfriend on a couch with a beer and wings, married him, and they lived happily ever after...."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

and we wonder why we are fucked up

Smedelicious said...

Haha, I love getting mad at things like Disney. It makes you realize how much the world has changed

Beanorama said...

...until she got fat, and he kept bugging her about going to the gym, and she resented his passive aggression and she grew ENRAGED at the sound of his chewing...