Friday, January 19, 2007

Effing Squirrel Saga Continues.

Well, two days went by since I sent an irritated email to my landlord. I heard nothing back. Last night, the sound of squirrel scratching was unbearable and I was filled with annoyance at my airhead of a landlord. I left a scathing message on her annoying valley girl voicemail.

Finally, at 2pm today (three days after my first email) I get this:

From: [redacted]
Sent: Friday, January 19, 2007 1:54 PM
To: [beanorama]
Subject: RE: The animal is back and more

I made appointment with exterminator for Monday afternoon. Thank you

I'm sorry, that is just not acceptable. She ignored all my other concerns. So I sent this:

From: [Beanorama]
Sent: Friday, January 19, 2007 2:06 PM
To: [redacted]
Subject: RE: The animal is back and more

Please respond on the other issues I’ve listed as well. And I request follow-up on that exterminator appointment. I want to know if they checked out both buildings and COMPLETED the job. It has been FOUR months. Is my recourse to withhold next month’s rent?

And my landlord, who clearly doesn't bother to read my questions, writes me back:

From: [redacted]
Sent: Friday, January 19, 2007 2:12 PM
To: [Beanorama]
Subject: RE: The animal is back and more

A work order was already submitted.


So... that was the last straw. Here is my latest bitchy response. I can't stand these people. I write:

[Redacted], you are not being clear. Is the work order for the lock, the light, and the exterminator? And will I hear back from the exterminator?

I will be withholding rent until the squirrel infestation is cleared.

Ooooohh, tough girl. Scared of squirrels.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

way to stick it to the man

miz cynical said...

You go girl! You are a tough girl for threatening to withhold the rent until you get an adequate response.

Beanorama said...

or as la lohan would say, "adequite"