Thursday, January 04, 2007

Clever Like a Texan



I know that this isn't exactly politically correct, but lately I've been thanking my lucky oil drills that currently the Northeast hasn't experienced an incredibly cold or snowy winter. Actually, our fall wasn't too bad either. This weekend, the weather men are calling for a record high of 67 degrees. I just saw on MSN.com that this may be one of the warmest winters on record.

So, as I tear through Bounty paper towels, Puffs Plus tissues with lotion & recycle absolutely nothing with reckless abandon; I comfort myself knowing that it's just as well that we're not experiencing a horrible winter because I still don't have winter clothes. And, unseasonably warm weather means that we're sticking it to the utility companies that charge so much for heating oil that many families have to go without heat or live with frequent energy shutoffs.

Don't mess with Texas!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

save some polar bears or be nice and warm in the winter? see ya later polar bears!

Anonymous said...

However, here in Albuquerque, the desert, we were hit with 18 inches of snow! the world is turned upside down- thanks oil companies.

Anonymous said...

thanks oil companies indeed. thanks for keeping us, along with nature, on our toes.