Friday, January 12, 2007

Taxi Cab Confession.


Things in this great world are annoying: Black pen ink. People talking on BlueTooth. My cat, starting at 4:30 am every morning.

But right now, I am going to kvetch about something that probably every Philadelphia has experienced: taxi mini-honks. A taxi mini-honk is when a cabbie sees a person walking down a street, then taps the horn a little... attempting to get your attention to see if you want a ride. This is how I would respond:

"Sir, there is a certain action called 'hailing a taxi.' Most people that want a taxi will hail one. Most people that don't want a taxi, don't hail one. Puh-lease don't inturrupt my walking-down-the-street reverie with that annoying little honk, you annoying little punk."

Has anyone else experienced this? Argh. It fills me with unpretty rage.

photo

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

no, this has never happened to me.
freak.

Smedelicious said...

This happens to me pretty much every day on my walk to and from work. I want to punch them.

Beanorama said...

Thank you, Smed, for proving that my anger is not unwarranted.

Smedelicious said...

And it happened while Beanie and I were walking together on Sunday night. BING!