Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Word 'em up, part tres.


I really enjoy the word copacetic, which per dictionary.com, means:

fine; completely satisfactory; OK

Why do I likey? First of all, it's just a soothing definition. Second of all, the last time I heard this word used in a sentence it was from a most surprising source:

I ran into a friend of my highschool/college boyfriend. I hadn't seen his rugged self in years. (Side story: one of our Unpretty commenters kissed, then subsequently almost killed this guy with benadryl in highschool. Then this guy dated and cheated on another friend of mine.) ANYway, when I ran into him, he was working in a store, but said he was getting a job with an environmental firm "that made sure all new building projects were copacetic."

His use of that word transformed him into a hot, cheating regular guy to being a hot, cheating interesting, smart guy.

I think things could be a little more copacetic around here, if you ask me. Peace out man, I'm feeling copacetic... I'm out.

3 comments:

Flip Flop Girl said...

I love copacetic too!!! I use it randomly. I feel it is Haight-Ashbury smart.

miz cynical said...

I think it's more hippie than beatnik, flip flop.

Anonymous said...

Mmm, he was hippie alright. But did take a cologne shower in his car.